Reported Speech

 




Reported Speech


Indirect speech is when we tell someone what another person said. To do this, we can use direct speech or indirect speech.

Rules:

Direct style:

I am happy to drive you to the airport.

I'm happy to drive you to the airport.


Reported speech or indirect speech:

She said she was happy to drive me to the airport.

She said she was happy to take me to the airport.


Exmaples:

direct speech: 'I work in a bank,' said Daniel.
indirect speech: Daniel said that he worked in a bank.

  • It is raining hard.
    She says that it is raining hard.
    She said that it was raining hard. 
  • I have painted the ceiling blue.
    He said that he had painted the ceiling blue.
  • I will come to your party tomorrow.
    I said that I would come to his party the next day/the following day.





Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Natural disasters

Embedded Questions