Passive Causative

 



Passive Causative 

Definition

It is a grammatical construction that is used when we want to express that someone or something caused an action to be performed by another person or thing. This structure allows us to change the focus of the sentence, highlighting who or what caused the action rather than who performed it. In essence, it is a way of emphasizing the cause behind an action as opposed to the main actor.

Structure 

Subject + have/get + object + past participle.

Sentences 

- I had my car repaired
She got her hair cut

Conversation 




  • SarahThe kitchen is a mess! 
  • Alex: I know, I’ll ask to have the dishes washe
  • Sarah: Thank you, don’t forget to have the countertops cleaned too 
  • Alex: I have not forgotten. They are coming later to handle that



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Reported Speech

Natural disasters

Embedded Questions